Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Vicky E - The Singstress!

 
She is a natural on stage and on the mic. Her voice will captivate and move you. I bring to you.....Vicky E


So tell everyone a little about Vicky E!

I’m from North Philly. I’m a recent graduate from American University. I currently work as a Paralegal and have put further school on hold to try to pursue my music. I’ve always loved to perform, and am going to put more effort and time into my craft.

How old were you when you realized you could sing so beautifully?

Thank you! I was young, I just remember liking to sing because my mother always sang to me, around the house, at church all the time. Singing at church is really when I realized I had a gift.

What do you consider your style to be?

I would consider my style to be neo-soul, at least that’s what I’m aiming for, sometimes as an artist you have to work around what you really want in order to get yourself out there so I don’t want to get stuck in a genre, I just love to sing and write, however it sounds to the listeners is what it is I guess

How long have you been performing?

I’ve been performing my whole life. At school, talent events, church and the like.

Where can someone find you if they wanted to catch one of your performances?

Hit me on my facebook. I’m not a facebook crackhead or anything but I find that’s the best venue for networking these days. I’m trying to find a band to work with so I can get some gigs poppin. I really enjoy live performance, and am working hard to try to get things together so I can get back out there.

Can you remember your first show?

I actually don’t but what I do remember is being very young maybe four or five and being on a bus trip with my aunt’s church. I don’t remember what song I sang but I do remember that everyone was intently listening, and admiring , not just because I was young but I could tell that they were touched by my voice. I don’t think I’ll soon forget it.

Who have you worked with?

I haven’t really worked with too many people. I can’t wait to get something solid done with Dozi though, clearly one of the best producers in the city! I have worked with independent artists and producers throughout the years on different tracks though. “Me And You” and “Love Me” were produced by Battery a young producer from the A he’s up and coming, be on the look out for him.

What successful artist/s would make up your dream collaboration?

I’d wanna do a song with Lauryn and Stevie. They have been my favorite artists throughout my life and it would be a dream come true to work with them.

What do you think of the state of todays R&B? What do you think, if anything, can be done to add to today’s R&B?

Loaded question! R&B today I feel has lost it’s soul. The music of a generation is really a reflection of that generation. I feel that R&B and Hip-Hop these days reflects the millennial generation as sex crazy, money hungry, wannabe gangsters, and I know we have more to offer the world than that. I think that R&B needs to get back to the feeling of the music, I wanna feel like I felt the first time I heard All is Fair in Love by Stevie when I turn on the radio. As of right now I can’t even turn it on.

What are your goals in the music industry?

My goal is really to perform. Throughout my life people have begged me to go on reality shows and the like, but stardom is not at all what I’m looking for. I really want to reach the people I have something to say about love, life, and my experiences with both. I want my music to inspire and insight change, I want people to feel what I’m saying not just the beat behind the words. I don’t want to be a product of the industry, I jus wanna sang.

Indie label or Major label and why?

Indie most definitely because I don’t wanna change. A major label would be good for exposure but I feel I could be the artist I want to be on an Indie label with no strings attached.

What are you working now?

Right now I’ m just beginning again. Trying to finish school and find a job has taken up most of my time for the last few months but now I’m goin in. I’m trying to get my demo together. I’m looking for some musicians for this ballad. I recently wrote a song called “Resilience”, it’s a work in progress but I can’t wait ‘til everything is all together.

Shout outs?

Shout out to God, all my fam and friends, and those Indie Artists that are trying to stay true to themselves. Peace and Blessings!

I want to thank you for taking the time to share with me and the world who you are and we look forward to hearing and seeing more of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

SponsoredTweets referral badge

Press kits
Quantcast

My Likes

HIP%20HOP%20SISTERSQuantcast