Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

How are your doing?

How are you doing? When you look at your progress, how are you doing? When you take inventory of the cd's you sold (or not), how are you doing? When you tally up the money you spent on promo's and clothes does it make as much since as it did when you were spending the money? I've been on the solo promoting and making moves and I can't understand what the heck some people are really doing? How is it that I see fliers all over the place and you tubes of shows and half a million mixtapes of people that are charting nowhere?

I've taken time out to call and listen to the conference calls with big names and have noticed a pattern. Singers/rappers do a lot of complaining about the "DJ" not breaking new artists. I believe there's truth in that however, A lot of artists are missing a step. When the artists is asked how many spins are you getting they say HUH? And then the person would have to explain the question. Not to say that radio should be a goal but know that when you promote that your song(s) are being played on the radio in your hometown, tha's gonna be the first question asked. How Many Spins Are You Getting?

They say it's about the hustle more than talent but when you combine the two you have a nice package. As I was saying earlier, I've been doing all of my own promotions with the help of the few supporters I have (because I like genuine people) I've managed to get my name out there to the right people. It prefer to work smart rather than hard. I aint knocking the grind that the average person has cause I aint built like that. Runnin all over the world, fallin out NOT SLEEPING....that still troubles me. Now it's been spread that if you don't get sleep you're grinding real hard! That's dumb. Get sleep people. But as I was saying, I have silently and strategically made my way up the charts on Reverbnation and is holding fast within the top 20 artists in Philly!! I don't perform or nothing. I have produced a few songs that I feel really good about and so does the rest of the city!

Feel free to check in and see for yourself!
http://www.reverbnation.com/dozi

So when you spend all day on Twitter, Facebook, and yes Myspace ask yourself, is this trackable? Is what I'm bragging about being supported by some evidence of a future? Am I the only one that thinks my song(s) is "the next big thing", "changing the game"? If your not sure then put your music out there to people who don't know you and see what happens!!



dozimusic.blogspot.com
twitter.com/dozi1
myspace.com/vedazap
facebook.com/dozi1

No comments:

Post a Comment

SponsoredTweets referral badge

Press kits
Quantcast

My Likes

HIP%20HOP%20SISTERSQuantcast