Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Nicki Minaj's five year plan


Despite dominating the game currently, Young Money princess, Nicki Minaj is already thinking about her career five years from now.


In XXL Magazine’s May Issue, Minaj explained to EIC, Vanessa Satten that she’s an entertainer and not just a rapper.

“You know what, I’m a female entertainer,” Nicki clarified, “but I don’t let it offend me when people call me a female MC or female rapper, because I just look at it as a challenge.”

She later went on to add that in five years, her career won’t be deemed as just a female rapper, and that she can live with title for now. However, in five years that will not be the case.

Minaj explained, “I’m about to climb over every single barrier and just put females on a different map altogether,” she continued. “So I take it as it comes. Like, I don’t think in five years people will consider me a female rapper—I’ll be, like, an entertainer. But, as of right now, I get it. I started off in the underground hip-hop circuit, so I’m a female rapper right now. But it’s just the beginning.”

THOUGHTS???
Sincerely Low “Hmmm, kind of bold, Nicki” Key

No comments:

Post a Comment

SponsoredTweets referral badge

Press kits
Quantcast

My Likes

HIP%20HOP%20SISTERSQuantcast